||Coffs Harbour Area
||SCHCADS Modern Award 2010
Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of group activities under the NDIS service provision for participants of R&R Care. The role will include health promotion, assessment of leisure and social related needs and abilities, and activities education.
- Accountable for the development of an activity program that is both therapeutic, engaging and appropriate for the participants of R&R Care.
- Delivery of quality activity program in a safe and supportive manner with beneficial outcomes for participants.
- Data reporting and completion of participant documentation.
- Managing the excel group spreadsheet.
- Authorising group attendance in the TRACC’s system.
- Ensuring group financial viability under NDIS pricing structure.
- Brainstorming and implementing new group activities mapped against NDIS service provisions and participant needs.
- Management of staff/participant group ratio.
Staff Liaison and Teamwork:
- Day to day liaison with roster staff regarding required skillset, availability and group dynamics to meet the needs of participants.
- Promote teamwork acknowledging staff achievements and successes, and provide support following their challenges and difficulties.
- Promote teamwork through seeking feedback and encouraging participation in problem solving.
- Day to day liaison with participants regarding service times and changes to services.
- Ensure all participants enquiries are handled in a prompt, efficient and empathetic manner producing the desired outcome for the participant.
- Participate in Staff “On Call” Emergency Service and ensure the “On Call” system is in place.
- Lead by example, act as a role model for all staff.
Promote and develop a culture within the team and with participants of the service that reflects R&R’s vision and values by:
- “Enabling Fuller Life Experiences”: Encouraging all individuals to create their own experiences by adopting a positive, strength based, empowerment approach.
- Integrity – We can be Trusted: Demonstrating you are doing the right thing at all times and in all circumstances.
- Creative – We are Flexible: Committed to turning new and inspiring ideas into reality.
- Passion – We are Heart Driven: Ensuring we stand as a team to build resilience needed for R&R to withstand and grow stronger from continuous market challenges and disruptions.
- Empowerment – We enable people to achieve: Promoting a continuous journey of personal growth and lifelong fulfilment for all staff and participants.
- Accountability – We do what we say we will: Take responsibility for own work and for leading the team towards accomplishing goals.
Workplace Health and Safety: All R&R Care staff have a duty of care and a legal obligation to ensure that they:
- Undertake work in a manner that is not harmful to their health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Comply with R&R Care WHS Management System requirements particularly manual handling, infection control, emergency procedures, food safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Monitor workplace conditions and report:
- ideas which may improve health and safety
- any work related or personal injury or illness (where it may affect their ability to work safely)
- hazards and incidents including any malfunction or inadequacies of equipment.
- Correct minor hazards as applicable.
- Attend and actively participate in WH&S and other mandatory training.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Essential Criteria for Position:
- Cert IV in Leisure and Lifestyle and Health (or working towards same) or demonstrated experience working in activity officer role with people with a disability.
- Understanding and acknowledgement of the cognitive and physical functions of individuals with a disability who have chronic conditions and a strong commitment to optimise the activities program for participants.
- The ability to be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and organise resources and allocate priorities to ensure effective service delivery.
- Demonstrated alignment with the philosophy of client centred care, which supports dignity, independence and informed consultative decision-making.
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organisational skills and an ability prioritise work tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment which is frequently changing and has high client expectations and competing priorities.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy.
- Well developed communication skills (written, verbal and listening) including high level telephone techniques.
Please note: a Criminal Record check and Working with Children check will be undertaken for the successful applicant with ongoing employment dependent on the outcome.